Installing a Piantedosi sliding seat rig in a Northeaster Dory

I just got the Piantedosi kit, and I'm building the Dory.  The assembly instructions explain the rowing frame assembly, but don't say anything about how to install the whole rig in the Dory.  Is it really a drop-in, or is there some modification to do on the Dory?  I am at the point of installing rails and preparing the outer hull for fiberglass.  Is there anything I should do to make the boat ready to install the sliding seat rig?  

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Installing a Piantedosi sliding seat rig in a Northeaster Dory

Don

I have a Chester Yawl and am finishing my NE Dory build. During CLC's recent sale I purchased a rowing rig and wanted to make sure that I could use it in both boats. The CLC staff recommended that I purchase the Yawl configuration and then the additional Dory installation hardware. Each boat has its own unique installation hardware. If you purchased ypur kit from CLC you should have all that you need. If not, I would recommend contacting CLC for whatever hardware that you may need. I haven't installed the kit in either boat, actually it is still in the box, but I don't believe that there is any special consideration during the build to accommidate the kit.

Happy building.

RE: Installing a Piantedosi sliding seat rig in a Northeaster Dory

Thanks, DonOne! I am just getting ready for outer hull fiberglass, so have a long way to go. My rowing rig is still in the box. Thanks again for the repsonse!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.