My NE Dory so far!

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/Mike_Bowlin/NE%20Dory/story

I am getting pretty far along in my build. Not much more and I will be row boat ready. I have been a bit reluctant to post images so far. I am a bit self conscious of my own flaws and I figured all you experts will take on look at my Dory and go yuck. Anyway I decided to take the plunge and let you all see what I have accomplished so far. I am having a lite trouble with Photobuckt and cant seem to locate half of the pictures I have taken. I will add to the album when I find them.

11 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: My NE Dory so far!

Nice work...do you only have about 6 pics up, or did i not view them all?

I got about 10 up now. Photobucket is just flat out acting stupid. I seem to have lost about half of my pictures.

Very nice Mike!

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/Mike_Bowlin/NE%20Dory/story

Mike, I just started my NE Dory build today and I'll be well pleased if it (she?) turns out like yours. 

Two of us working on the first day, we got the four bulkheads and the transom glued up, felt like we were taking it pretty slowly. Absolute first time with working epoxy / resin. We didn't glue the skeg, dunno why the manual says to do that on the first day when it's not needed until after the hull is glassed?

Mike do you have any thoughts on how many workshop hours you've got in it? I believe the website says 120 hours build time. No idea if that's for a pro or a n00b, and whether that's for the rowboat only.

I have not really documented the hours I have been working. I started my build in early November. I work a non traditional scheduled that gives my rather long weekends. I am able to spend 3 to 4 days each week working on my boat. Putting in anywhere from 3 to 6 hours at a stretch. I have been moving rather rapidly due to this. I can tell you this, it has been time well spent. Have fun!

Beautiful boat!  I am midway in my build, and also will be happy if mine turns out as well as yours!  Your fillets and wood are very neat and clean; mine, not so much!  Great job!   

Thanks for the compliments guys. I do think my Dory is turning out well for a first timer. But if you could see it up close..... Far from perfect. Will it float? I cant wait to find out!!

I found all the pictures that had been “misplaced”. The album has been updated.   

Its ready for the water! Now I just need the two W's to align, work and weather!!

The pictures are in the link to my photo bucket album.

Wow, that interior paint is beautiful!  I had assumed I would jsut do my interior in the clear finish, but your boat has me thinking. That is gorgeous! 

Thanks for the complement.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.