Teardrop Storage

I'm pretty excited about this teardrop.  But my last hangup is storage.  I've got four kids, so I need more than just a place to lay my head, you know?  Right now I have small box trailer with a kitchenette in the back and that's working ok, but its lifespan is probably coming to an end and I need to do something a little more permanent.  Also, gorgeous teardrop as opposed to grey cube.

So I'm thinkin I can mount the teardrop on top of a boxed platform maybe 2' tall at most (I can't remember how tall it needs to be, but no more than that) into which I can stuff all the kids tents, tables, chairs, canopies, etc that have to come with us.  (oh for the days when I could walk into the woods with 30 pounds on my back!).

I'm wonderin what this does to the counter in the back though?  How high is that?  My wife is on the short side even if I woulnd't mind it being higher myself.  I have a boat trailer that sits pretty low to the ground so I'm hoping that will help compensate.  

I guess after all that the simple question is how high is the counter?  And if you have other thoughts on  my storage idea, I'm game to hear those too.

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Teardrop Storage

you should check out CLC's official teardrop forum -will probably get more response there:

http://teardropforum.com/forums/forum/teardrop-builders/

I think if you built a 2-ft box onto the trailer and have the teardrop sitting on the box, that will be way too high.. I've seen some people build a false floor below the trailer's floor. that may work for storage..

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.