Paddle holders for entering and exiting WoodDuck12

So, I have been getting in and out of my wood duck without much an issue.  but have broke my coaming lip.  No big deal, but now, I put my paddle behind the coaming but worry about scratching and wear.

Would it be helpful to mount paddle holders right behind the coaming to keep the pressure down on the top of the kayak?  I am a big guy at 250 and 6'3".

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Paddle holders for entering and exiting WoodDuck12

"Paddle Holders" ............ you mean for storing the paddle or assist in entering or leaving?

On my Cheasapeak, like many seakayakers, I have rigged lifelines around the edge  of the kayak. I place the paddle blade under the opposite side line behind the cockpit and put weight on the paddle shaft like you'd do during a paddle float water entry.  I haven't noticed much wear and tear on the finish....load is down not side to side.......The  deck bag, pump and water bottles that find their way on and off the deck do more damage.

RE: Paddle holders for entering and exiting WoodDuck12

Big County,

Seach the forum for Miil Creek 16.5 Paddle Rest for one good idea on how to hold the paddle. I also remember seeing a post for a clever paddle holder, but I can't find it now.

Most of us just slide the paddle under the deck shock cords if we need both hands, but fancier clever ideas are always good.

Joel

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.