Sport Tandem

Thinking on building the CLC Sport Tandem, are there even other options (speedwise) other than the Guillemot Fast Double? If its between the CLCST and the GFD how do they compare?

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Sport Tandem

We have a sport tandem and it is a grat boat. very easy to put on and off the roof of the car even though we have converted it for most use with the sailrig mk3.

We are light however and it is very tippy - it is much easier with heavier crew. I am 175lbs and my wife is 120lbs.

In the UK this is quite a long boat to move on the roof of the car it overhangs considerably and the GFD is about 4 ft longer again.

It works very well as a sail boat.

For ease of turning I have a tiller operated rudder for sailing and a much smaller foot operated rudder for paddling so it turns well and tracks brilliantly. You simply point it and power up.

No experience of the GFD but the tandem is a great piece of kit - we sail and paddle it in local bays and out on the sea but due to neck and back problems I can't afford to go over as I probably won't get back up. We therefore keep one of the ama's on at the front for paddling with 2 very small floats so we have an incredibly stable platform when out on the sea.

Doesn't impact paddling at all and again we can just crack on with thinking about stability.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.