Northeast Dory.. Launching day!

Some pictures from todays launch!  It started raining a few hours in, but who doesn't like to get a little wet?

12 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Northeast Dory.. Launching day!

I couldn't be happier with the way the boat turned out!  It rowed absolutely fantastic.  We were able to jump off at the end of the transom for a swim and easily climb over the side without worries.  The 8' spoon blades sold on the CLC website are also great, and she rows right along quite quickly. 

I see the grand prize winner for the CLC photo contest for 2016 in this thread. I officially give up and will not submit any more photos this year.  

Really nice job with the boat, too.

Laszlo

Well done, Giggin. You've built a gorgeous boat! And you seem no have a nice place to use it. Isn't it surprising how easily one can climb back in the boat after a swim?

One suggestion: You might consider adding oarlock sockets in the other two rowing positions and getting another pair of oars and another pair of oarlocks. You won't want to miss the fun of tandem rowing!

Finally, are you thinking about a sailing rig or do you prefer to keep it as a pure rowboat? 

(typo) . . . seem to have . . . 

Giggin,

Beautiful workmanship ... and the boat looks really good too.  Enjoy the fruits of your care and labor.  There are few things more rewarding than knocking about in a boat you built yorself.

Cheers,

Dick

Great job....did you paint the transom also or varnish it?

Beautifum boat! Nice job on the inwales.

Dave M.

oceanluvr, heres a picture of the transom - its painted and varnished.. and another picture for good measure.. I also plan on adding a lug rig before next summer - I just don't have the money at this moment! 

Giggin, Is that Hatteris white?

Don

Giggin, Is that Hatteris white?

Don

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.