Spacered Inwale into a Mast Partner on a NE Dory

Has anyone any ideas on how to fair in a spacered inwale into the mast partner on a NED.  I have to obviously interupt the inwale when it reaches the partner and then continue it aft of the first bulkhead. Any ideas would be appreciated. For Dave M. Trying your method for the inwale...working well at present. Very controlled glue on of the first two rails. When I figure out how to mate the inwale to the partner I'll start the process of injecting the epoxy through the rail, hull and block. Can I ask how many batches of epoxy did you mix up for the stage and how many syringes did you go through? Regards, Gerry51

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Spacered Inwale into a Mast Partner on a NE Dory

Gerry51 --

As far as the amount of epoxy you need for injection -- depends on the number of blocks that you have.  I used about 1 mL per block, with my blocks being 2" long. Probably a couple of syringes then. (By the way -- you can get the syringes on line -- search for irrigation syringes. I could also get a couple of uses out of each syringe by rinsing them out with ethanol.)

The important thing is that you see a bit of squeeze-out when you drive the dowel in. I taped the bottom of the inwale-block joint so I wouldn't drip epoxy into the boat.

Check out Moonchasers pictures also -- he has inwales and a lug rig so he conquered the mast partner problem.

Dave M

RE: Spacered Inwale into a Mast Partner on a NE Dory

Thanks Dave M. Much appreciated. Gerry51

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.