bulkhead stiching

I was wondering if there was any reason not to run the copper wire through the cutouts in the bulkheads and then out the two holes on the bottom panel.  It seems so much easier than putting the wire through the hole in the bulkhead and then bending the wire into the two holes.

Also, does the side panel lay proud of the bottom panel or vice versa?

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: bulkhead stiching

What Boat are you biulding? Anyway you would like to stich/secure the pieces together is OK as long as everything comes together like a boat. As far as the panels - that is depended on which boat you are biulding. The manuals are ussually specific about that. The shearwaters on step is to bevel the inside of the panels so they meet more edge to edge. Not sure about the other designs.

RE: bulkhead stiching

Joel;  Thanks.  I am building the Koholo 12.  As far as I can tell the bulkheads are fitting in a sitting properly on the bottom panel.  I think I will need to do a little adjusting to mate the panels better.  I may have just tighten up everything more than necessary.  I built a stich and glue dinghy.  This is a tad more fincky, but having fun.

Don

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.