Annopolis Wherry Bulkheads Sequence

I just recieved my Annopolis Wherry (Single) kit and have started assembly. I noticed the bulkheads are tabbed and intended to fit into pre-drilled holes in the planks. My question concerns the sequence of construction.

The manual doesn't specifically address the tabbed bulkheads. But I noticed that the construction photos for the CLC web site for the Ananapolis Wherry Double shows the tabbed bulkheads being installed as the hull planks are being wired together. The manual for the Single Wherry shows the bulkheads being installed after all the planks are wired together and the transom is installed. Does this sequence matter? I'm guessing it would be better to install the tabbed bulkheads as the planks are being wired together. Are there any unintended consequences of following this sequence?

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Annopolis Wherry Bulkheads Sequence

I am about finished my Wherry and wired the bulkheads in place after the planks were wired. Spread the planks and slipped them in. Mine is the single and the manual says to go in this order if I remember correctly. Might have been on the added pages that came with the book. Takes a little doing to wiggle them in, keep your wires a little baggy on the planks till all is in place.

RE: Annopolis Wherry Bulkheads Sequence

Thanks for the reply. Just finished the bulkheads tonight. It's all good. 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.