A New Year's Wish to You All

Hi,

My name is Mac from Montreal, and I haven't posted here for over two years now.

There sure have been a lot of changes, and I like what I see - way to go John!

I'd like to take this opportunity to extend  a Bonne Annee from the frozen north, and hope for health and happiness in 2009.

Cheers!

Mac

10 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: A New Year's Wish to You All

Thanks! And a happy new year to you to!

Mac,

I meant to send you an email at Christmas but remembered it, like, yesterday. Glad to see you here again. I suppose you're going for a paddle tomorrow in the Sea Island after breaking thru the ice?! I didn't get to the MASCF this year (had a wedding to go to, sound familiar?) so a trip to Montreal didn't happen either. Maybe this year.

So a Happy New Year to you and yours, as well.

George

George!

Sadly, all the yaks are frozen into the basement at the cottage where we have -21C or -3F temperatures now. The poor little lake is frozen pretty much to the bottom now. We've had over 4 feet of snow accumulation in the Laurentian Mountains so far this year, so I can't even get to the cottage to visit.

Really enjoyed the Sea Island Sport last summer - as did MANY first time yakers. I think they were somewhat relieved that they didn't have to start off  in the plastic or the Pedalo - the stuff Mr. Harris refered to as being esthetic as dog toys - always loved that!  :). 

George, you know the porch light will always be on for you whenever you can make it up - especially for the fall colours. (Which, due to funny weather, weren't spectacular this autumn. So you didn't miss the best show ever.) 

Best of health for the New Year, and don't work too hard! 

Cheers, 

Mac

Mac,

Bonne Annee to you, too. Glad to see that you're still with us, I've missed your posts (as well as Kurt's). I thought at first you were just hibernating, but then your absence dragged on. Good to see that you're still paddling. Come on down for Okoumefest, we'll have liquid rivers for you.

Don't know ihow much you've been keeping up, but just a little while ago I posted a link to your comments and experiences with the SIS for a builder considering one. George's, too.So we're still thinking of you. Don't be a stranger.

George,

Happy New Year to you, too. Expect a fat envelope soon. Don't suppose anyone ahead of me has dropped?

Laszlo

Hi Laz! 

I hope the builder went ahead with the SIS project! It is a very interesting build indeed and a remarkable craft (Folk ALWAYS remark on it :) ) 

Even when tied to the dock at the lake, paddlers usually come out of their way to get a closer look, and I've only heard favorable comments. One couple in a double, paddled away having a rather "spirited" discussion about whether it was a kayak or not. (They musta been married!)

Good to hear from you Mon Ami!

Great to have you back, Mac.

Laszlo,

You have email!!

George

I am coming your way, Mac!

Email me your home addy and phone number if you'd like to hook up with me and do a wee paddle somewhere interesting, eh! Laz, what about you...where you at?

Robert N Pruden 

Robert,

I'm in Maryland, a bit far to the left of your cross-Canada trip.

Laszlo

You are right, Laz...

...that is a bit of a haul. Who knows, maybe we just won't get enough of driving and kayaking and we'll make the trip. Not likely but ya never know.

Robert N Pruden

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.