Daggerboard Trunk Question re Eastport Pram

I'm just to the point on my Eastport Pram plans builD to create and install the daggerboard trunk. But as near as I can tell nowhere in the plans does it describe the dimensions of the spacers for the trunk. Eyeballing the directions I can get a rough sense. But obviously the width and exact dimensions seem pretty critical given where it is, etc.

I feel like it must be somewhere in the plans. How could it not be? But I've looked all through the lofting blueprints and the manual. And I cannot find it anywhere. I'm wondering if it's just assuming that it's obvious. But again, seems like a pretty critical place to get your dimensions right since you're talking about a hole in the hull.

Does anyone know or has anyone run into this issue and can advise? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

JOSH

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Daggerboard Trunk Question re Eastport Pram

Hey Josh,

I don't remember having that question, so it must be somewhere.  If you're building with plywood thickness X, then the daggerboard is probably 2x and the slot is 3x wide to accommodate the extra layers of epoxy on the inside of the case and on the daggerboard for a nice slip fit.  So the outside of the case is 5X thick.  The handle on the daggerboard will then be 4X.  Hope that helps.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.