Assistance to get my CLC Northeastern Dory ready for painting

I’m looking for someone who is able to get my CLC Northeastern Dory ready for painting. I will pay you for your time and also for any additional materials you may need.

My sister and I built the boat last year at a CLC class in Annapolis.   I’m in the final stages of the project and I find that I no longer have the time to complete the boat.  

Here is an incomplete list of what is left to do:

• Further sanding of the interior and exterior is required.

• Some epoxy needs to be applied to a few areas where I sanded to even out the rails   

• The  seats need to be fitted and attached.

• Flotation foam needs to be purchased, installed and painted.

• The rudder, mast, oarlocks and tiller need to be assembled, attached, epoxied and sanded.

• Non-skid needs to be attached.

• I can paint the boat or you can do it. My intent was that the entire boat would be painted.

With the exception of the flotation form, I believe I have all the parts and supplies necessary to finish the boat.  I can deliver the boat to you.  

My wife and I really wanted to put the dory in the water this coming summer and if you can help us please contact me.   I can provide photos of the boat

If you know someone with the right skills that can help us we’d appreciated it if you would pass along my email address to them.   

Feel free to contact me at [email protected].  

Thanks,

John Phillips

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Assistance to get my CLC Northeastern Dory ready for painting

It would be helpful to know what part of the country are you in?

I'm in Herndon, VA, near Washington DC.  

Did you get help yet. I live in Gettysburg pa and just finishing up my Northeaster Dory, although I have varnished both interior and exterior. Might be able to work something out. 

Hi Clark,

Thanks very much for the offer of assistance.

I was able to line up some help and hopefully will be on the water soon with a completed boat.

Thanks again,

John Phillips

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.