Finish sanding

With the first sanding after the final coat of epoxy, the brilliant gloss is lost and the epoxy coat turns gray and somewhat dusty-looking. Don't be disappointed, the varnish coats will restore the luster and gloss. To see a preview of what the final finish will look like, simply wipe down the epoxy with a rag that is liberally moistened with denatured alcohol. The epoxy will assume the same appearance as if it was under several coats of varnish, with the surface below glowing through in all its glory.

This is demonstrated in the image below. Both parrots have been freshly sanded, while the one in back has just been wiped with denatured alcohol.

Have fun all,

Laszlo

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Finish sanding

The denatured sure brings out the green in the base material. It is interesting how you were able to feather out the joints. Good sanding.

Nice build, looks great. Are you building in Florida? I saw the stuco and the birds lol. Im a south FL builder, so I had to ask. Anywho keep up the good work.

Grumpy - well done making a bad joke even worse.

Jeff - I can't take credit for the picture, it's one of the ones (my favorite) from the current photo contest (http://www.clcboats.com/contest). I just came up with the interpretation.

Laszlo

Laszlo,

My friend, you seem to still be under the effects of cold medication. A little shop time should cure that and it should be warm enough up there now!

George K

���The eternal question: which Polly to use?...

I like to  keep this sanding light and not get too gritty.    

This is the most boring part of any build.  Parrotting around the boat again and again with sheet after sheet...

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.