visions of boats dance in my head

just ordered the ne dory, as of this moment the elves at clc  are busily sawing away!!! [i'm already contemplating that nesting dinghy could that indicate a problem?]    

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: visions of boats dance in my head

Greg,

It's a fairly harmless addiction and it tends to keep one out of other kinds of trouble.  I know what you mean.  I finished my Peeler Skiff last summer and I'm already dreaming about the Southwester Dory---and not a bit tired of the Peeler.

I built a boat in the eighties and had been dreaming about building another 20+ years.  CLC made it practical to fulfill that dream and, as I approach retirement, I hope to do it again.

Enjoy, and keep us posted on your progress,

Dick

RE: visions of boats dance in my head

Laszlo,  Got it, so it appears the points where the shock cord is secured are on the starboard side and the little hooks are on port, both of which must be attached to the sail...to add this to my lug sail it appears it would require sewing one or the other on the sail.  Wouldnt work to bring the shock cord down to the boom, would need to wrap around the boom like you described...do you know of any other clever methods easier and quicker than tying reef nettles?

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.