sut 220 for dory

is the sut 220 big enough for a ne dory? im really tight on storage space and that looks like it might be easier for me to stow

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: sut 220 for dory

or any suggestions on a trailer that can be easily stored

The 220 will hold the dory but it doesnt have any suspension system other than some hard rubber bushings.  The 250-C (from CLC) has a nice leaf spring suspension system.  I got the 250-C with the winch and winch post and the dory fits very nicely.   There are other threads about how to set up the bunks on the 250 for the dory too, and I have some pictures of mine if you want.

I was looking at the SU-220-S both on this site and on trailex's site and in the pics there is a single leaf spring for suspension.  I would think the main advantage of the SU-250 is the bunks are more adjustable.

Nick

wow, correct you are...I also see the springs on the 220...I dont know what trailer it was I was comparing to that had no leaf spring because I know I even spoke to Trailex about one trailer that had springs and one that didnt...but, you are right, the 220 sure does have a leaf spring.    Also as I understand it, the ones bought thru CLC are a little longer.

I remember a while back that one of the trialers did not have springs.  I think it was the SUT-220.  Now, I believe the SUT-220S has springs.  The letter "S" is the only difference I can think of in the part numbers.  

Even with the springs on the 220 I still like the bunks better on the 250.  The price is not that much higher.

Nick

its not price thats the issue it's storage

Then it looks like the 220S is the way to go.

Nick

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.