Kaholo 14 done

Here´s my Kaholo! It´s been great looking at all the ones formerly posted here, and now It´s my turn. Built from plans here in cold Norway. 

10 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Kaholo 14 done

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129504480@N07/ link to pics, i hope..

Very nice! Is that your living room it's hanging in?

George K

After considering the living room, bedroom etc, the choice made was the basement. Suggested by my wife😊

���Lovely job. Very clean. I am just about to start mine.

Thanks, Gregory! Best wishes for your project!

Very nice!  How did you do your designs on the board?  Are they decals, painted, etc...?

Thanks

Koholos belong in the water not hanging on the basement ceiling!

I totally agree to that, Wood Ogre - my Kaholo gets out on the water now and then, but winter time nov-march is quite cold where I live. I build my second Kaholo now, by the way, started glassing it yesterday. I use vinyl stickers on top op the varnish, after considering using cloth, ricepaper etc under the fiberglass... I like the thought of being able to change the stickers, and avoiding glueing-trouble with cloth or stickers under the fiberglass. 

Considering using cork as deck-pads on my second board, does anyone have anny tips on this? Thickness, glueing, durability, etc? 

I'm finishing my second board now. I still have soo much more to learn about varnishing - did not manage to avoid some blind spots on the last layer. Hoping to succeed on the next/last layer. Or maybe I'll just start paddlin on it right away, and do the work later some time...! Link to pics on the post above.   I used cork as deckpads. Double sided tape under the pads. We'll see if they survive.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.