Extra Hands?

I'm thinking of building the Passagemaker Standard. Can it all be done by one person, or are their places where you need an extra set of hands? Thanks --

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Extra Hands?

It is absolutely possible to build one single handed. I built a NE Dory by myself, the only time an extra pair of hands was helpful was when turning the boat over. A Passagemaker should be a bit easier to flip than the Dory.

George K

It helps to have an epoxy mixer person when you are wetting out alot of cloth. It makes fast work if you have 2 people spreading epoxy and one person mixing. But, to answer your question, it is completly possible to do everything solo mio. JRC   

Clamps are your friend.............

Hi Blenheim,

This falls under the FWIW heading, which, when added to $5.20 will get you a cup of coffee.

Most fun I've had building was with two other guys the winter we built 4 boats. Second most fun was helping my girl friend with a strip built Redfish King. (She's now my wife because, not stupid, duh.) Least fun was building a NE Dory all by my lonesome. But hey, it's building stuff, always fun right?

Totally doable. Hardest part to manage solo is inverting the boat. Dig through the forum for a couple of guys who have rigged a webbing strap/pully system for flippage.

Cheers!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.