sticky epoxy

I know this has been discussed but thought I would ask anyway. I'm building a Peeler and every batch of my epoxy has always set up stone hard. It still is. I always leave the mixing container on the bench and check it later. We have been experiencing dark, cool, humid days with high dew points. My work space runs about 68 - 72 temperature. Some epoxy work has aged for a week or more and is sticky to the touch. I wiped it with a wet towel and it went away. Is this blush? Is the weather causing it? I thought MAS epoxy didn't blush????

Up until the last 10 days, this hasn't been an issue. The resin under the sticky seems hard. Can you sand with this sticky surface? What about second and third coats of epoxy if the sticky develops on the first coat?

Thanks for any input, Ken.

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: sticky epoxy

I think I had this issue earlier in the year and also struggled with occasional fish eyes. The best thing for me even though using MAS was to wash down with water and sponge scrubber "before" sanding, wipe dry with paper towels, sand, then denatured alcohol, let that alcohol evaporate for "hours" not just minutes before I epoxy again. Try to epoxy on a horizontal surface with minimum movement of the epoxy.

my 2 cents

good luck

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.