Help!!!

Hello so I've been build my jimmy skiff for a few months now. So after finally glassine the the hull I came out the next morning to find air bubbles in my glass. My question is can I pop them and patch over or just fill with epoxy? Any help would be great cause I'm at a loss for what to do. Thanks

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Help!!!

If it's a few bigger bubbles, definately slice them open,  shove a bit of epoxy under the glass, then use a little heat to see if you can press them down into the new epoxy. saran wrap and a sand bag or tape them to hold it down while it sets.  if that doesn't work you can cut out the bubble, sand a taper on the edge of the glass, epoxy a small piece of new glass on and then sand it all smooth. The good thing is once it's done, sanded filled, etc you will not be able to see that anything is out of the ordinary.

Try to make sure to squegee out all the bubbles when applying the glass and ideally have a warm hull that cools a bit as the epoxy sets to make sure no gasses are escaping from the wood.

Hope that helps.

Ed

thanks! I'll give it a try

I would slice them open also but i also would sand them out like a cavity in a tooth. more work but it looked ok.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.