OkoumeFest 2014: Thank You!

Click here for the first big bunch of photos.

Many, many thanks to everyone who made it to OkoumeFest last weekend.  We ate, drank, and breathed small wooden boats for two glorious days, all in the company of fun and interesting people who traveled from all over to join in the revelry.  

Friday dawned rainy, but as the tours and seminars kicked off in the afternoon the clouds lifted.  It was a perfect spring evening by the time the grills heated up.

Saturday, at Matapeake State Park, featured bright blue skies and light air.  Throngs of interesting boats lined the beach, while WaterTribe competitors readied their boats for the big race that started Sunday.  

More to come, including a full report with photos and the prize-winning boats.

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: OkoumeFest 2014: Thank You!

John and Staff,

Thank you all so much for a great event.  All of your kindness and hard work was very much appreciated by me and my son.  We had a great time!

Looking forward to next year....

I'll second that. Once again the CLC staff put out a tremendous effort to put on a great event. Much thanks to all!

Dan

Amen to that. Bringing 3 boats was bad enough, as far as the work went. I can't imagine what bringing the entire demo fleet must have been like, especially with the weather cutting off a bunch of the up front prep time.

Thanks guys.

Laszlo

Thank you to John and the entire CLC staff for another fabulous OkoumeFest! It was awesome!

Chris

���Kudos to all the folks at CLC for a great time! Next year, pray for wind,but not too much....

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.