enjoying my boat

I just wanted to publically thank CLC for creating the Oxford Shell. It is fine boat that is a lot of fun to row.

I took it out this morning on the Hudson and enjoyed every minute of it. It tracks nicely and with a few more adjustments I will have the rowing unit and oarlocks dialed in perfectly. All that's left is to get 40 years of rust off the engine :-)

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: enjoying my boat

How about a picture?

I don't have pictures from yesterday - nobody wanted to join me at 6am.

But this thread has some pictures from last fall: http://www.clcboats.com/forum/clcforum/thread/25018.html

Congrats on the beautiful boat!  I couldn't help but follow the thread for the picture and I read that you were thinking of building more boats.  Did you ever build that double kayak?  If you don't mind me putting my two cents in I will quote my favorite intro to kayaking book and say that double kayaks are for people on dates.  Husbands and wives who want to enjoy kayaking and have a healthy marriage get two single kayaks.  And you can double the fun and build two kayaks :)  That's not too bad of a deal.

<grin>

The advice came a bit late. I am about halfway done with a Shearwater Double.
I actually enjoy the occasional date with my wife, but that doesn't mean that I won't build a single sometime in the future.

Hi Dr. Pepper

I have been rowing (with a nearby club) for seven years and am always looking for rowing partners.  Particularly someone near my age (72).

I built a Mill Creek 16.5 and have used it extensively as a two person kayak (happily, I might add, with my wife).  I have also rowed it in oceans, lakes, and rivers.

I am currently building an Oxford Shell, so that I will have a boat that I can more easily car top (I trailer the Mill Creek).

I note that you row in the Hudson.  Since I live fairly close to Nyack, NY, I am curious as to where on the Hudson you row.  Perhaps we can get together with our CLC boats or team up in one of my club’s doubles.  Drop a note at [email protected] if interested.

Carl Brown

Carl,

Today was another perfect morning on the Hudson.
I tried contacting you by email, not sure whether you got it.
If you like you can send me email at bengt at computer dot org.

Bengt-Olaf.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.