Wood Duck 12 hybrid

I am building a wood duck 10 and wood duck 12 hybrids

Yesterday i put together the 10 and it went together sweet, a little more tweeking but good.

Today I started putting the 12 together and found that the topsides are about 1/4 inch short, I have torn it a part 3 times now and still short. Anyone else have this? I took the topside planks and matched to the plans and they match. I am doing it from plans.

thanks any comments welcome thanks,

Bruce

bad day for a perfectionist....lol

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Wood Duck 12 hybrid

welp decided since Im painting the hull anyway I squared the transom and worked forward and will have to break out the batten and fair. Little more tweeking any ready for fillets.

I should have bought stocks in wire!

I guess this post has the plague

Hey Bruce,

As I recall our 12'er needed some 'tweeking' at the bow also. After paint and varnish all we heard were compliments. Funny thing though we built the 10'er (hers) first and it was a chore compared to the 12 which was much more co-operative. I would do what it takes to get a clean line on the bow (checking for straightness of the hull) and move forward. By the time the inside is taped, glassed and the end pour or blocking is said and done it's solid.

In our case the boats look like distant cousins of themselves new. So many dings, scratches and a couple of gouges. One day we'll refinish them but it's not a priority now.  We're having too much fun dinging 'em up!

Thanks, i have decided that it needs a stem and shaped half of it this morning. Now I have the pices glued together and will install next week when I get back to the shop. I figure since Im painting anyway and fit to the forefoot the topside should fair out. I will just screw and epoxy. 

well thats my solution.

thanks for the reply!

the 10ftr will also get a stem

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.