Peeler Center Console thoughts

Is anyone else building the Peeler Center Console? My Peeler in underway and I decided today to order the CLC console with all of the accessories. I had some plans of my own but I'm a builder and not a designer and not sure about my ideas. John said they are doing sea trials this week with their Peeler CC, so anxious to see photos and a report. John still feels the 9.9hp is the best fit so thats what I'm going with. I plan to just cruise around at  6 or 7 knots. He also mentioned, the console height was good for standing or sitting which helped me decide on their console. I want to sit most of the time but could stand also, which is nice. One of the swivel seats that would work is about 16" high. Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks, Ken.

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Peeler Center Console thoughts

I am currently having a Peeler Skiff built for me by Stephan Armstrong in Julian, CA (http://www.armstrong-boatbuilding.net/).  Center console kit came out right after he got started on the boat so we ordered it and Stephan received it last week.  Ed at CLC mentioned we were the first ones to place an order so installation instructions are not yet available.  However there are pretty clear pictures of the console installation on both the CLC webpage and Facebook pages that Stephan plans to use as a reference.  The boat is not planned to be finished until late May or early June of this year.  I am planning on using a 9.8hp motor on the boat.  I also have looked at several 16-18" swivel seats, but I am also considering using a 16-18" high secured ice chest as a seat so that I can get double duty out of it.  Won't be making a decsion until I pick up the boat and get a better feel for it.  I will share my decision and pictures on this forum then.

Good luck with your Peeler!

When did you get the console kit? They advertise now that the kit comes with installation instructions,,, I hope it does, especially for routing cables.  Please post some photos.  Thanks, Ken. 

Fortunately, the Peeler Center Console and helm seat design is done, along with the instructions.  Here's our final version and the first page of the instructions:

Peeler Skiff Center Console Instructions

At 1st glance I thought you had some thing new,,,  April Fools to you too!!!!   

We've got the throttle hardware assembly instructions all sorted out, too. 

Those illusions are great! 

Did you subcontract the design to Ikea? Actually, with my lesdyxsia, the illistrations look just fine. 

Is that throttle hardware in bronze or stainless?

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.