Hardware store epoxy / fillet question

Hi all,

It's been quite a while since I've been on here.  I completed a 16 and 17 foot light touring model several years ago and this forum was very helpful!

I had a question regarding epoxy that I was hoping someone might be able to help with.

I had a non boat wood project, a actually a wooden stadium seat, that I was looking to repair.  There is a huge chunk out of one if the back supports.  because this issue is structural wood filler won't do the trick.  Thinking back to my boatbuilding I was thinking that since I will be painting it, I could use epoxy thickened with sawdust to fill in the wood (like a big fillet).

My question is, is there any hardware store epoxy that you think might fit the bill?  I don't need enough to justify a big purchase of the marine stuff.

Thanks in advance for your time.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Hardware store epoxy / fillet question

I've had good luck with this stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-8257-KwikWood-Epoxy/dp/B002NJDAJY/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1395712160&sr=1-2&keywords=jb+weld

RE: Hardware store epoxy / fillet question

Don't use the 5 minute stuff. The only epoxy failures that I have had were the quick set stuff. By the time you get it mixed good, it is already starting to set. Look at the hobby stores for smaller batches of the 30 minute stuff. It is alos a little thicker than the Marine stuff so you might have to thin it with a few drops of denatured alchohol or acetone.

JRC

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.