My 1st experience with fiberglassing this morning!

My Peeler inside bottom was already for the 1st coat of resin over the fiberglass cloth. The manual said to mix up 8 ounces of epoxy, which I did. I poured it on and had my roller ready but the roller picked up the cloth so I switched to the squeege. That worked fine but I ran out of epoxy right away. I'm new at this and thought maybe the 8oz would cover the whole thing,, not so. I called CLC quickly and they told me about mixing up several small epoxy batches. I think there should be a footnote in the manual about that.

It all worked and my wife got a chance to spread epoxy for the 1st time in her life while I kept mixing up fresh batches. ( In a fresh container each time ). It looks good and I will put on the 2nd coat tomorrow.

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: My 1st experience with fiberglassing this morning!

Glad it worked out!  I thought I told you about that!  lol!  I did the same thing and I have some experience!  I think it took about 24 ounces!  i made a note in my manual, they need to tweek the manual abit!  So now you know to have a helper mixing while you spread for when you do the bottom and sides.  The reason to only mix about 8 ounces at a time is so you dont waste as much and also it takes longer to mix a large batch which wont give you as much time before it goes off.   fresh batches spread and absorb into the cloth better too.  make sure you have a bunch of spreaders too.  nothing worse than having a sticky squeegee! 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.