Kaholo SUP for fishing?

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and just ordered a copy of the kaholo 12'6" board and will start build ASAP! I'm pretty excited about getting the board and am already planning how to use it. One of the main ways I want to use it is to fish the flats here in southern florida. Has anyone tried fishing off it? And if so did you do any mods to the board? 

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Kaholo SUP for fishing?

Brad in Texas did this. Here's a link to his Forum post about it: http://www.clcboats.com/forum/clcforum/thread/23573.html

Note sup fishing board

Thanks for the reply, I was kind of looking for something like this. This is the bote SUP board and there have been pictures of people catching sharks, Mahi and marlin off of them. I like the thought of having a leaning post, a small cooler, tie downs for gear and on front and back for anchors, and maybe a stake down spot either through the hull or just off the side..  

A I asking for too much or is this reasonable.

i rigged up one of my Kaholos to fish from.  they are both 14 feet.  Keep it as simple as possible.  A milk crate or file crate from staples, cut up some pvc for rod holders, Make a top out of another crate that will bungee down so if you dump you wont lose your tackle.  I mounted a Scotty rod holder for trolling but it is a bit in the way when paddling.  I also got a tall square cooler that you can sit on.  Email me at bill.caldwell99@yahoo and I can send you a photo of my setup. 

Surferbill

thanks for the reply, I definitely will keep it simple so if I do dump it, I don't loose everything I own. I have a milk crate set up like the one in the video here, http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUCMAVhdsJA.

It works great and i use it a lot. That's a good idea about using another crate to make a top, ill definitely 

have to add that. My only problem is that for the longer fishing trips ill have to keep my drinks and fish cool.

im thinking ill have to glue some rod holders on my cooler and keep the board clean. 

Any suggestions on how to set up a tie down for an anchor on front and back? 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.