Disaster strikes

The other day I was sanding the fiberglass on my kahalo to prep for the first application of a fill layer. As I was doing so I heard I loud pop.... Much to my dismay I found that due pressure built up inside the board the top sheet popped up off of bulkheads 3-5.... I knew this could happen so I was sanding early in the morning in a shady spot, but my precautions weren't enough to prevent this. The only method of fixing it seems to me would be to purchase the storage porthole cut a hole and reach my hand in there with thicken resin syringe and ate attempt to mend it. No seams fractured and when it's cool the top sheet lays flat... But when it happen the compromised spot inflated like a ballon.  I appreciate any suggestions

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Disaster strikes

First I've heard of it in an uncompleted Kaholo.  Must have been a pretty big swing in temperature!

Powerful evidence that a breather tube is needed when you have this much enclosed volume...  Look on the bright side:  your joinery was perfectly airtight.

In any case, it should be easy to fix once you have access through an inspection plate.  

RE: Disaster strikes

Ya know, I couldn't see a bright side of this until now! Thanks that actually makes me feel great! 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.