Peeler center console

anybody working on or have built a small center console and seat set up for the Peeler or similar 15 foot skiff?  Dimensions?  I am at the stage of my build where I need to make a decision to add the CC or just go with tiller steering.  Any input would be appreciated.

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Peeler center console

Hi Bill. I'm still waiting for CLC to come up with their design. Johns original sketch looked to be about 15" wide and 40" high,, all approx. I agree the CConsole is easier to add while building rather than later. I think  a wheel size of 13-15" would work.

I've looked at other CConsole skiff designs for ideas until I'm tired of looking. I think your idea of running the cables under the seat edge would work and stay out of the tanks. In the stern you could loop up to the motor through the seat opening or create a cable hole. From the console to the seat edge???? Not sure.

I would keep the gas tank in the stern. The battery maybe under the console seat or also in the stern. I made a model of sorts with the center of buoyancy the pivot point and this all would work as far as weight distribution. John said the Ctr of B is at the rear edge of the mid seat or thwart.

I'm keeping busy with other projects and hopefully the CLC Center Console will materialize soon. Keep us posted with your Peeler progress. Ken

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.