how much epoxy will i need

hey all, just doing some reasearch before i get my plans, im looking at building a mill creek 16.5 hybrid and 2 sheerwater hybrids, one at a time of course haha, but im trying to work out how much epoxy i would need , i can only find west epoxy here in new zealand which i can live with but im trying to get a quote from the supplier 

any info would be hugely appreciated
cheers travis 

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: how much epoxy will i need

i would also like to know what other products would i need with the epoxy, like what do i use for the fillits and for gluing and also for end pours
cheers again travis 

On this web site, under the kit options for whatever boat you're planning to build, there is a blue tab you can click on called "Material List for Plans Builders". In the list they indicate which MAS epoxy package that is included with the kit. If you click on that it will list the type and amount of product that is included in the package. You just need to figure what WEST product is the equivalent.

P.S. I'd get extra. I was a bit heavy handed with the fillets.

Well . . . on most any kit except the Mill Creek 16.5 Hybrid. I double checked and the epoxy package was not listed. My guess would be the #2 MAS package but you should e-mail CLC to make sure you get the right info.

1 quart more than you buy. :-)

Laszlo

hey all, cheers for that, i ended up just going for 20lt of resin (5.28 gallon)
and 207 hardner for a total of 423.00 usd which im not sure if thats a good price or not, but im happy,
now i just noticed that the mill creek 16.5 hybrid does not come as just plans and manual, so now im going to chat to clc and find out if they can sell it like that for me as shipping is a killer to get stuff from U.S to New Zealand. thanks all for your help
travis 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.