Battle Damage Repair - Boat vs Vehicle of unknown origin

My 18' chesapeak LT was in storage last winter in my parent's barn.  I was told my boat tipped over in a breexze buyt upon insprection I found about a 8" delamination /tear of the fore deck from the hull jsut forward of the fwd hatch cover and a complete tear through of the deck from the fwd rt corner of the hatch opening direct across to the shear clamp.  I am inmagining a number of approaches to affecting this repair, suggestions?

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Battle Damage Repair - Boat vs Vehicle of unknown origin

Seeing a photo or two would help get you more detailed responses, but it sounds entirely repairable with some fiberglass tape or cloth and thickened epoxy. Should not be difficult, especially if you're okay with paint instead of varnish.

Old Yeller

RE: Battle Damage Repair - Boat vs Vehicle of unknown origin

I went to the CLC showroom and discussed.  I am doing a pour into the deck seperation and clamping down, followed up with a fiberglass reinforcement over the shearclamp.

For the tear it will be a simple fiberglass patch and then faired.  I will probably reinforce the underside with a strip of Okume plywood as a doubler.  It won't be pretty but I use my boat darn it; it has scars.

I need to be underway for the 4th!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.