Boat Building Course

I am looking for a boat building course on the coast of NC.  I am in Beaufort and can't travel as far as most of the courses are.  If anyone has an idea on what I can do please let me know.  Thank you

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Boat Building Course

Get 3 friends together, by kits, follow instructions, ask questions on the forum, take time to sit and contemplate, discuss, have a beer or two (not 3 or 4 if you are still planning to work on the boats).  Then get on the water with your buddies and enjoy the product of your labor.  

If wives or significant others are included you may have to make more boats, but you may get less flack.

Happy building!  

or find a local builder or club and get them to host a course.

You can do it.  It is fun.  Course not really needed.  Talk to CLC about which boats are easier to build. 

Hey,

Thanks for the input.  I am wanting to build a Kaholo 14 as my first build to get a feel for it.  But I am interested in build others as well and hope to build a nice dinghy.  Not sure about the drinking beer while doing it though.......although it does get pretty hot here in Beaufort during the summer.

Hi Tom,

I just pulled up Beaufort on the map - Sure is a lot of good looking water around you, nice! I was thinking you're not too far from Wilmington (home of the Simmons Sea Skiff) There is considerable interest in wood boats there. I would suggest contacting the Cape Fear Museum in Willmington, they have an annual get together of Simmons owners and maybe they can get you in touch with some builders in the area. The museum staff are very nice folfs.

Link

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.