Some Pics of Wood Duck Build

Wood Duck

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Some Pics of Wood Duck Build

This has been alot of fun to build and had good support from them. The first boat Iv built can you see the mistakes lol. I have to finish the deck rigging when i figure out how i want it. Looking at other boats for my next build this is addicting Might be west river or sheerwater sport. Soory about the dup pics not sure how i did that or how to fix it

My Chesapeak16 coaming is built up of 6mm marine (?) plywood consisting of thin darker outside layers and a solid light coloured core. The lighter colur does stand out compared to the darker 4mm plywood used everywhere else. I notice that your coaming is black. Can you let me know what you did?Regards. Erik

the coaming is black to hide the mistakes I made the clamps to tight making round spots everywhere there was a clamp so to hide it i just coated it with epoxy graphite when i painted the bottom with left overs

You should put a wood or palstic pad between a clamp face and the finish side or both sides of the clamped wood. Many wood worker use them all the time.

Use of a wet cloth and a hot iron can generate steam that will enter the grain of the wood and possibly raise the compress marks.

How to Fix Dents in Wood Floors & Furniture (with an Iron!)

Yes i should have used wood between the clamps but forgot i tried the water and iron but had them too deep so plan b came lol if i get tired of it ill sand the coming down and re cover it but for now ill leave it alone as it seems tough I think the next time ill get more spring clamps as i have a habit of overtighning c clamps.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.