question for robert meyer

Hi Robert, I have a question for you. What were the dimensions of your glueing table for the Peeler and how high? Aso, what size did you make your cart with wheels and how high was it? I'm thinking of using a cart for wheeling my Peeler in and out of the garage so I can sand outdoors. I appreciate any help you can give me. I hope you are enjoying your new boat.

Thanks, Ken.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: question for robert meyer

The building table was 43" wide, 13ft long and stood about 35 inches high. It was constructed of scarfing two 2 x 4s together and then laged to ends and cross beams every 3 ft or so. The frame was mounted on three of my saw horses after leveling it with shims.

The roller cart was constructed from five foot long  2x6's with a total width that would just slip between the peeler's bottom skids. 17" long 2x4's were placed vertically in each inside corner. Two 8ft long 2x4's were laged parallel to the side - each extending about 1 1/2 ft past the vertical 2x4s in front and back. These two bunks also fit between the boat's bottom two skids. 3" casters were screwed to the bottoms of the four vertical two fours. This made the bottom of boat about 22 inches about the ground (with casters and 1 1/2 bunk added). While moving the Peeler the screws I used to mount the caster's top plate failed and the weight of the boat twisted two casters off whilst moving. I had to quickly jack up the cart and lag bolt the casters to the 2x4 bottoms. After this I had no more problems.

Hope this helps - My dimensions resulted from whatever scrap plywood and lumber I had on hand.

RE: question for robert meyer

Thanks Robert. Hope you post a photo or two of Lilah in the water.  Ken.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.