Pot Life

When working with MAS, what is the expected pot life?  i.e., how long do I have to apply before mixture begins to set up and becomes unworkable?

Terry

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Pot Life

It depends on several factors:

type of hardener (I assume you have slow), temperature (cooler temps = longer pot life), quantity (small batches = longer pot life), shape of the mixing container (the more spread-out the mix, the more time you'll have to work with it because it won't heat us sp fast.

Another thing that will effect pot life would be the adding of any fillers such as wood flour or cell-o-fil. They can drastically shorten the time you have especially if you use a "pastery bag" or syringe to apply the mix. Once they are spread the time they are workable is greatly extended.

The MAS Epoxies website publishes a Cure Schedule at #5 in the FAQ section.  Although the schedule can not take all possible variables into consideration, it should give a pretty good idea of the relative pot life.

http://masepoxies.com/Epoxy_School_/Tech_Support_FAQ.html

Regards,  Mike

Thanks for the help.

I was totally thrown off by the the title of this posting.

I got to thinking about much younger days, and Grateful Dead concerts, and Panama Red, and the Whole Earth Catalog, and 'hair down to where it stops by itself', the food co-op in Arcata, and a girl named Saffron, and...

Ahh, couldn't resist.

that's funny...oh, for days of yore!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.