Peeler Beta build finished

I have pretty much completed my Peeler Beta build.

I had to construct a dolly to transfer her to the trailer.

Had the 15hp Yamaha installed today and will have her inspected

by the Georgia DNR this Sunday - and then will launch her soon after.

I have named her "Lilah" after my Grandmother who helped teach me

long ago how to fish and handle a boat.

I have really enjoyed this build - my first from a cnc fabricated kit.

Now for a sail boat  this winter.

10 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Peeler Beta build finished

Robert that's one beautiful boat! Crisp and clean lines, I'm thinking your Grandmother is smiling. Fish for supper?

Thanks for posting the picures.

Thanks for sharing your photos and building experience with us. You did a fine job with the Peeler Robert. Have a good launch and future with Lilah.

That's a great looking boat. Nice job!

You encourage me.

Thanks for sharing your photos and with us.

That's a nice looking boat.

Nice job!  I'm right behind you in the process.  What size bow eye did you use?  I have no idea how long the theads will need to be to clear the 3/4'' mounting block.

Dick Olson

Beautiful job! 

I used a stainless steel u-bolt for my bow eye - 3-1/2" Thread Length, 3/8" Thread Dia., 1" Width of Eye My backing block was 1 1/2 " material left over from the breasthook. Of course I had to cut it to the bow angle and use thickened epoxy to glue it on. Unfortunately, when I drilled the holes for the u-bolt they were short and I had to use a fostner bit to create counter sunk holes in the backing wood to get the nuts on the u-bolt. I tried a find a 3/8th u-bolt which was longer than 3 1/2" but gave up and just recessed the nuts and washers. Be sure to bore the bow eye hole(s) oversized, fill with thickened epoxy and then re-bore to the correct size to prevent rot. Do the same for the drain tube in the transom if you install one. Your 3/4" backing wood should work with a 3 1/2" u-bolt - you might also consider a single bolt bow eye which usually comes in longer lengths.

If you are building a Peeler we like pictures!

Do you have any pictures of the Peeler on the water?

How does the Peeler preform?

How much draft does the Peeler have loaded and unloaded?

I haven't been able to officially splash Lilah yet. I had her inspected - got my registration numbers applied - and have been waiting for my State of Georgia stickers which seem to be taking forever. I have also moved her to Oconee/Lake Sinclair in middle Georgia where she will be based whenever she isn't in the coastal area. I'm hoping my sticker arrives soon and will take photos of her on the water. However, I can't do any high speed testing until my outboard is fully broken in.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.