Kaholo 14' stringer direction

The instructions for the Kaholo 14' don't seem to indicate which ends of the stringers go where. Perhaps because the newest Kaholo 14' kits include design elements that have yet to be updated in the CLC instruction manual.

I am assuming the slightyly wider ends of the stringers that have a "lip" all go on to the number 10 bulkhead, correct? 

Thanks!

Dan

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Kaholo 14' stringer direction

Hope this isn't too late an answer.  In talking to Larry Froley (designer of the Kaholo) he mentioned being wary of the deck behind #10 bulkhead.  That's the area one would land on if you fell backwards onto the board.  The photos in the manual don't show the stringers extending aft of #10, but the kit I have (like yours) has slots in #10 to allow for the stringers extending aft, perhaps to reinforce that vulnerable deck area.  If you place all the stringers so that the "lip" sits behind #10, that will space them properly and also assure that they are in the correct position in the forward part of the hull.

RE: Kaholo 14' stringer direction

Thanks Peter for the confirmation. I am in the varnishing stages of the Kaholo build so, yes, the stringer question is ancient history, BUT the clarification gives me assurance my instincts and installation proved correct--this time!

Appreciate this for current and future Kaholo 14 builders.

Dan

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.