peeler kits

Just learned that 13 kits are scheduled to be shipped on 29 Nov. 

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: peeler kits

I have no concept of turn around time for kits or volume ability of CLC but 13 kits seems like alot of work.   I'm sure there will be 13 anxious customers waiting for the delivery truck to arrive. Its all very exciting.  klitz

Yea my plan boat is back ordered, they must of a higher than anticipated demand.

Klitz, have you recieved yours yet?

Ron

I ordered the building manual, haven't rec'd it yet.

Kitz,

let me know when your build manual arrives and I'll do the same.

I layed out the Peeler hull (using chalk) on the the garage floor using the line drawings on-line.

Just wanted to make sure it would fit in the garage for the build. It did.  When I finished laying out the hull and interior seating I was surprised to see the amount of room one will have to move around.

But, I'm going to have to do something about the mid-thwat (Robert, I think I got that right) seat height so as to elevate my seating.  I'm too old and have bad knees, making that stand up at 12" a bit difficult. I might look at an elevated swivel seat.

Cheers,

Ron

According to my calculations, aren't the seats alittle higher than 12 inches? I'm still going to use 2" cushions where needed to raise height. I'm 71 and I know all about too low of seating. Actually I'm going with electric power with a small console wheel and helm seat which I will make the right height for me. Good luck with your project. ,,, and yes, the cockpit is huge. I may have to use a folding tongue to fit the finished Peeler in my garage. It will fit when building though.  Klitz

Kitz,

Sounds like a nice sweet quite ride with the electric.

Will electric get you very far?

Ron

I'm going with a Minnkota E-drive which will give me 3 hours full speed and all day at lower speeds. Its equal to 2hp and 48 volt. They say it will push a 2000 lb pontoon boat at 6 knots so hoping for even more with the Peeler, at least to hull speed.  Klitz

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.