Shearwater Hybrid Launch

Launched last weekend, and paddled again this weekend.  The SW Sport tracks nicely, manuvers well, and over all is very satisfying. Of course this weekend I ran right up on a rock and scratched the bottom.  Touched up the varnish, and it looks OK.  I'm not a fish so I won't see it when in the water. My next build will probably be a Petrel.

I am attempting to post pics.  Not sure if it will be succesful.

14 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Shearwater Hybrid Launch

No pics.  I will try again tomorrow

Dave - it appears that your pictures are at PhotoBucket...

http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg593/keepondancin/

Nice looking build!

Keith

Shearwater Hybrid

WET!

Rolling...

Wet Again!

on shore...

nice hatch job!

Dave that boat it beutifull , A work of art, I thinksome boats look overdone but yours looks awsome, very tastefull , congardulations., Im building the standard sw sport from plans at the moment , Im still cutting out and preping the parts, I now know why people by the kit its alot of work but hey the instructions are good and the plans easy to read so thank you clc. I look faward to any more feedback on the boat. I cant wait to finish mine , good on you for taking the time to post ya pics,

cheers Locky

Very nice indeed! Where were you paddling? Looks sort of familiar :-)

Jim

How'd you get those pictures on there.  We were paddling in Wawayanda State Park in Vernon, NJ.  The picture I didn't take was the one of the bottom after I hit a rock.  Nothing a little varnish couldn't cure.  It was built to be used.  Thanks for the compliments.

Very nice Dave!  Hope mine turns out as smooth. Starting the stiching this weekend.

Wow, I live in NJ and I didnt know that there were beautiful spots like that in the state! Thanks much for publishing the name of the park. I am building a Shearwater Hybrid now and I will have to bring it up there and check out the park (Hopefully not the rock though!) Great job by the way. I hope mine turns out half as nice.

Beautiful boat! Bow and Stern lines when you carry on the roof please! Hate to see it hit the road.

David

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.