Seat for WD12H

Looking for recomendations for a comfortable seat that won't soak up water.  The seat that came with the kit almost seams laughable.  Also, while I'm at it, a recomendation on a backband would also be a big help.

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Seat for WD12H

The CLC seat looks like a joke but is surprisingly comfortable. I have used one on the wooden chair at my desk for two years. In my boats, I use seats that I carve from 3" thick closed-cell foam. This is easier to do than it appears. See photos at http://twofootartist.com/merganser-construction-notes/ Scroll down to near the end of the page. Left click on the photos to enlarge them to full screen.

For backbands, I like the IR because it can be adjusted while you're sitting in the boat.

-Wes

I use solid pieces of foam for back rests.

I also like the stock seat that comes in the kits. I use a performance back band because I like a higher back.

I used the supplied seat for a while in both of my Ducks. It really is not bad. I upgraded to the Creature Comfort seat for a more substantial seat back.

David

I used the same kit supplied foam seat in my CH18. But I was a little concerrned about sitting in a puddle of water with the seat forming a dam. So I cut out a couple of pieces of 3 mm okoume to the shape of the seat and glued them to the bottom of the stock seat pad with contact cement. I left a channel between the two pieces so small amounts of water could flow back and forth under the seat. A couple pieces of 2 inch stick on velcro finished the job. Now the seat is removable, adjustable somewhat fore/aft, and is very comfortable. 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.