Deck disaster on Wood Duckling

I've got a bit of a disaster in the making. Don't know how, but the angle of the sheer planks toward the bow is vastly different on port and starboard sides. All seemed proper when I initially fit the deck assembly to the hull and tack welded, and I did not perceive a problem when I removed the deck for filleting and taping, but now that it is time to reattach the deck assembly to the hull, there it is: the sheer plank on the port side is about 20 degrees from vertical and the plank on the starboard side is about 20 degrees from horizontal, and they are solidly filleted and taped in those positions. This is not one of those little errors that only the builder would notice. It is obvious and ugly to anyone!

SOooooo, what now? Do I carefully run a bonsai saw through the joints between the sheer planks and the fore-deck panel and start those joints again? Can I relax the epoxy with a heatgun, or would that just make a mess? Maybe I need to ask CLC if they'll sell me just the deck assembly parts of the kit?

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Jim

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Deck disaster on Wood Duckling

If I'm visualizing this correctly, the fix is pretty quick and easy, and invisible in the completed boat.    Emailing a digital pic to [email protected] would help.  

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.