Need help finishing boat due to Epoxy Sensitization

Hi my name is Rk.I bought an Eastport Pram kit to build for my grandchildren.The boat is fully assembled and most of the sanding is complete.However I have developed allergies from the epoxy resulting in a lot of swellings.My doctor advises against doing any more work on the boat so I am looking for some help to get it finished.I live in Pinellas County Florida and would be happy to pay someone who has built a similar boat.

I love the boat and do not want to dissapoint my grandkids.

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Need help finishing boat due to Epoxy Sensitization

You might try switching to EcoPoxy.   One of its benefits is that it can often be used by people who have become allergic to Epoxy.  You can get a sample size of the epoxy for 20$ to find out if it works for you.  http://www.ecopoxysystems.com/index.html

I do not personally know anyone that has used it yet but it is said to be clear and just as strong as traditional epoxy.  I spoke to representitives from EcoPoxy at a homebuilt aircraft event and they said that it should allow people in your situation to continue building.

Let me know if you try it and if it works out for you.  Or anyone that reads this and has experience with EcoPoxy let us know.

-CA

A friend of mine north of Tampa is interested in helping you get the pram finished.  He has built about 4 or 5 boats over the past 30 years or so.  Most recently a 14 foot skiff last year. 

Just need a way to get in touch with you outside of this forum.

-Chris

Robert,

I've built quite a few CLC boats, including a WR 18, CH 17, CH 18, Matunuk, San O Paddleboard and NE Dory. I'm in Brevard but would be happy to help you out if I can take the boat to my shop to finish. If interested let me know here and I'll get my phone number to you.

George K

Hi George,

Thanks for your offer to help.Please provide your phone number.

Robert

Robert,

I'm home in the evenings: 321-632-7389.

George K

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.