Clear deck pads for SUP board?

Anyone know where they might be found?

Thanks

Michael

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Clear deck pads for SUP board?

I have been doing some searching for the same thing and found the following web  site: http://www.woodsurfboardsupply.com/VersaTraction.html   I haven't ordered anything yet so not sure how good they are.  If you find anything else or use these let me know how they work out.  Good Luck.

Mike

Hi

I've also been searching for something similar.  I don't think you'd get clear pads in the thickness of opaque ones.  The Versa Traction looks like a good alternative.

The other option Im considering is "Monster Paint Traction" - this is a spray-on, clear grip paint.  So if you don't need the padding of deck pads, this could work for you.  I'm almost ready to mate the deck to the hull on my Kaholo so plan to buy a can to try before investing in deck pads.

Regards,
Darren 

@Mike: Thanks for the lead on the transparent deck pads. They look really intersting. I'm not quite there yet on my build but will call them to see if I can get a sample. I'll post back here if I'm successful.

@Darren: Be interested in your expereiment re the spray. I'd be interested to know the transparency and the traction. 

Thanks

Michael

No problem Michael.  Please keep me posted on what works for you.  I am quite a bit behind you guys with my board but it would be a shame to cover up all that nice wood with the standard deck pads.  

Mike 

Mike,

I did a little on the he photos, its not nearly as transparent as I'd like. Its also paper thin so won't provide any cushion if you're interested in that. I'd appreciate any comments. 

http://www.standuppaddlesurf.net/2009/08/12/versatraction-deck-grip/

Michael

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.