Windpaddle Aesthetics

So you spend $1000+ for the kit, then you fill and sand and fill and sand and varnish and sand and varnish and sand until even Mr. No-Periods/No-Caps approves of your boat and then you put THAT on it!?

This can't really be the same company that brought us tapered rubrails, hybrid decks and the PocketShip. Say it ain't so, John.

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Windpaddle Aesthetics

Lazlo,

You can always take it off before you carry your boat in to the living room to use as a coffee table.

Jon T

Some people are into conservation of energy, their own. I suppose that a sail rig could provide a nice break on big water. This system looks easier to do than some other options.

Plus...if you angle just right, you'll pick up Al-Jazeera....

Bar, Jon, not coffee table, bar.

Chris, it already looks as if the boat's picked up something, if you know what I mean :-)

This is one of those cases where form following function just doesn't work, at least not for me. I mean, it seems easy to use, the bright colors will help keep one from getting run down (unless it's the Taste Police carrying out an enforcement action) and the clear panel helps keep one from running someone else down. So it's all there for a reason, it all does the job, but somehow the net effect is:

Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me (sort of like a rash).

Laszlo

Awesome!....looks like he's about to pepper spray the paparazzo taking the shot!

I think the wind paddle would go just swell with the duckie.

Jon T

ROTFLMAO!!!! I was incoherent with laugter for a good 10 minutes.

Matt, I am humbled in the presence of the Master. Your response is is perfect. You have set a new mark for us all to strive for in witty repartee. I just can't say enough so I'm not even going to try. That is so great. May I have permission to use those images on my website?

Laszlo

When will the Duckie boat be available?  Will it be a kit, or shipped complete?  With the optional wind paddle, it would be an awesome multiltuse boat at home  on ocean, lake, bathtub or toilet.  Please hurry with its release.

This could be bigger than the Pocketship! 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.