Record for longest build

Just curious which one of us holds the record for taking the most time to build one of these boats??? I am going on 18mos (partially because I moved from Boston to Houston, but mostly because I am slow and easily overwhelmed!). I have really enjoyed the project and am finally coming to the end. Just need to slap some varnish and paint on the MC 16.5 (probably take me another 2 wks- seriously). Anybody out there taken longer than 18mos, and still completed the boat?

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Record for longest build

It's going to take more than 18 months to win the prize...  A couple of times a month I get a call or email from someone who has discovered or inherited an unopened kit box.  Some of them are from 1994!  Just trying to remember what was included, say, in a Cape Charles 15.5 kit is a challenge.  

Mine has to be up there.  I purchased my kit in November 1997 and launched my Chesapeake 18 in July 2007.  Obviously I was not working on it the entire time, it sat for a many a year in the same condition.  I'm very happy that I got back to it and completed it.

Jim

I've been working on my MC13 so sporadically,  the only real progress I've made in recent weeks is naming the it "Chinese Democracy"     ....that's  a Guns & Roses joke for the uninformed.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.