Wood duck doesn't fit wood duck

That's the onlay and the boat. When I was at the CLC showroom the other day, I took the Wood Duck marquetry onlay and put it up against the side of the Wood Duck 12 near the bow. It overlapped onto the bottom and deck, so it can't be put on the side. Back at the stern it was worse. The only place that it would fit is on the top of the deck, but that'd cover up the sapele. Is there a smaller only kit available (within the next week or so, after which I'll be beyond the point of glassing the hull)?

I would have asked while I was there, except everyone was busier than a one-armed paper hanger. It was so confused that I almost got a spray skirt for $5.00 and 3 syringes free, so I figured that I should ask later.

Laszlo

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Wood duck doesn't fit wood duck

>>>>>The only place that it would fit is on the top of the deck, but that'd cover up the sapele. Is there a smaller only kit available (within the next week or so, after which I'll be beyond the point of glassing the hull)?>>>>>>>

Well, uh, we always meant the round inlays to go on kayak decks.  The elliptical "CLC Logo" inlay is small enough to fit on the side of a kayak.  I think it would look fetching on your Wood Duck.

Another thing you could do is to carefully remove the Wood Duck part of the inlay from the cherry surround, and just inlay that.  That really would look cool.

Hmmm. I like the second option a lot better (not that there's anything wrong with tricking out my boat as a CLC billboard, of course).

I'd need to have one on each side, of course, and then there's the  question of front or back. Probably up front at the bow, sort of an Eye of Osiris effect. I like it. Thanks for the idea, John.

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.