There's a new Duck in town

Hey guys...  Despite her blotchy looks, I launched my Wood Duck 12 this morning.  I figured they launch ships, THEN work on them until they are ready, so why not my Duck.  Years of sanding & re'glassing left but she held water (Wish I could say the same for myself).....   ~Tugbruce~

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: There's a new Duck in town

Attaboy Bruce, that's the spirit! I was going to suggest that you do just that, but you beat me to it. How was the ride?

Welcome to the fleet,

Laszlo

Hey Laszio...  I had to do something to regain my building momentum.  It was a short paddle but nice one.  I built a Greenland paddle so it was also a wet one!!! 

So, DAFFY DUCK is back in the "shop".  I'll need to spend many hours grinding away the 'white' areas, re'glassing, then feathering edges but in a few weeks, I hope to end up with a presentable Wood Duck.    No matter how careful I am, I know I'll more than likely go thru the top layer of Sapele but oh well....  Thank you for the encouragement...  ~BRUCE~

CONGRATS Bruce, nothing like that first paddle :) 

Thanks David.  Getting closer to forming, them joining B.A.D.    LOL.....~BRUCE~

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.