Registration Numbers

Does anyone know of a source of 3" high metal (ie stainless steel) letters and numbers for a state registration? Because I am in Penna and sailing is Mass and MD I need a registration. That's done now I need some non-ugly numbers to put on my NE Dory. I googled a promiseing company but they want $28 a number/letter. I need 16 of them. Ouch.

You folks just have to know a cheap source of classy looking numbers and letters. This is not a HIN.

Thanx all.

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Registration Numbers

Am I the only one putting numbers on a boat? If yes how is everyone getting by the rule.

In MA, boats that are not powered by motors are not required to be registered.

Pretty much the same in Michigan. I did have to read the rules twice to make sure.  Good luck.

I would use vinyl numbers. You can apply them to the side of the hull directly or do what I did and apply them and the decal to a number board that fits along the shear strake. White numbers on varnished sapele stands out very well and looks classy.

Lyle,

Here's a source for vinyl letters, you pick the font (from MS Word), size and color (to include "chrome") and they just stick on.  Pretty cheap, I think I paid $10.00 for two "Chesapeake" signs for the side of my boat.

http://www.alwayssign.com/index.asp

Good luck,

Larry

I dont need reg numbers here in FL, but I do put graphics on my yaks as well as serial numbers and I just use the old rice paper and inkjet printer method.

Kev

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.