Striper Fishing in the MC 16.5

Great day at the Wooden Boat Show on Saturday. The CLC crew was busy with demo boats and the building class. Fished Little Narragansett Bay on Sunday as the tides and full moon were just right. The Mill Creek 16.5 has worked out to be a great fishing platform with two in the kayak. It is offically scratched and no longer refered to as a coffee table.

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Striper Fishing in the MC 16.5

Nice!

Nice lookin' bass.  I was out in the Chesapeake 16 fishing for Blues down in Chatham in Friday... couple of knocks on the tackle, but no hits.  I was thinking afterwards about what I would do if I actually boated a decent size fish, as you really don't want to have any body parts that close to a pissed off bluefish!  

~Chris 

after being dragged around by a good size sunfish in a MC16.5 I bet those striper took you for a little ride!

Chris

That's a dang pretty boat.

nice--what type of rod holders are you using---CZ

Dana,

The boat looks great all rigged for fishing!  So it took you a couple of months to scratch yours?  I scratched mine on the first day...twice!

rigging for a kayak fishing boat.

I have had it winter and walking on water.  I magettrin to rig mr\ MC16.5 boat for a trip to the keys and evergladse for fishing/ maybe snorkeling..  So Far I am puttimg on rod holders and shock cord crosswired on the deck.  And a double wide rudder yet to finish this week.  Any adviceon what worked best on there boats?  Any thoght would be greatly apppreciatedl

Would alswo love to hear of spots to go we w ill be camping on  the militry base on Key West

CHeers Nate Brandt

Wow, I guess I shouldn't try to type at 3 in the morning.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.