Boats and Hull Scratches

Many of you may think I am crazy, but when I started out building my Mill Creek 16.5 (Dragonfly) in early March, it was as a second hull to take on Paddle Georgia 2010, a week long river trip down the Broad and Savannah Rivers in Eastern Georgia.  350+ paddlers in canoes, kayaks, and 2 wooden boats - mine and a Wood Duck 12 that floated for the first 2 days (Paddle GA Lite).  These rivers are free flowing with shoals and class I & II rapids.  I built my boat with great care, attention to detail, and with a definite deadline.  Finished 1 week prior to the start on 06/19/2010.

I paddled with one of two 70# children in the front seat and, on occasion, solo.  Handled well, tracked well.  Did everything I could hope for.

And you can bet that there are scratches.  Through the varnish, but the fiberglass is intact.  I will have to sand the hull and touch up, but why have it if only to look at.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Boats and Hull Scratches

Pictures:Photobucket" mce_src="" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />Photobucket" mce_src="Anthony Shoals 06/22/2010" mce_src="" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

RE: Boats and Hull Scratches

Anthony Shoals 06/22/2010" mce_src="Anthony Shoals 06/22/2010" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="400" height="300" align="" />

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.