Urgent Fiberglass Question MC 16.5

Was all ready to glass my deck tonight and the glass is only 122" long.  That is 76" too short or >6ft.  I've read the section of my manual that discusses cutting into two triangles.  But that seems to be specifically for the MC 13. I can't quite figure out how I can cover the side decks, the fore and aft decks with thsi.  Can you other MC 16.5 builders confirm how much fiberglass cloth you received?

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Urgent Fiberglass Question MC 16.5

Tonight is the first time I ever took it out of the plastic zip bag. 

Here is a photo:

Now that is annoying...it cropped my photo.  So, I have attached it again:

OK, so some of you are probably asking:  Who is this idiot?  My name is Jeff and I am very impatient and quite possibly an idiot!  After taking the advice from earlier in the construction manual, I backed away and took a break.  Even though the fabric was over 6ft too short, I realized that the cockpit is huge on this boat.  So, I followed the directions and cut the glass blanket into two triangles.  Guess what...it fits.  So, these guys at CLC really do know what they are doing.

Relax. Don't worry. Have a homebrew.

Different hobby, but just as applicable.

All is good

Dan 

Would like to see a picture of the light in your eyes and the smile on your face when you realized the two pieces fit.  Professional boatbuilders consider themselves problem solvers.  Consider your yak to be an introductory course.  And don't call yourself an idiot again or the next time I'll call CLC and pay for them to triple the amount of glass in your next kit.  That'll worry you.

Like Dan said.  Relax.  All is good.

Thanks Lads...and Dan, I do have some homebrew in a couple of Tap-A-Draft kegs in the garage fridge.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.